This sample illustrates how you can create a custom task that uses OpenGL to draw on top of the current view.
- Implementation of a simple custom task that uses the E2API to draw on top of the current view.
- Example of converting between geographic coordinates and OpenGL coordinates.
- Example of rendering style file symbols as OpenGL.
How to open the task:
- In Visual Studio 2005, open the solution using and build it.
NOTE: see the 'Building Samples' topic for more information about how the sample will be set up ready for you to use in ArcGIS Explorer by building the project.
- Open ArcGIS Explorer, and open a map in which you want to use the sample task.
- Click Tools, then Manage Tasks.
- In the 'All Available Tasks' list, select the task and click the arrow in the center of the dialog to add the task to your map; then click OK to dismiss the Manage Tasks dialog.
- In the task console, select the CustomDrawing sample task.
- You should now find that the sample is the active task.
How to use the task
- Toggle either of the checkboxes on the UserControl .
- Use the mouse to interact with the globe and notice how graphics are rendered to the display.