This sample is a custom edit task that creates parcel pin values for parcel features.
The task creates PIN values based on the intersection of an edit sketch and an underlying parcel layer. A base PIN value and an increment value may be entered.
This task is designed to work with any polygon data that has a numeric field to accept the PIN value. Due to the numerous ways organizations represent parcel PINs however, it is difficult to produce a generic tool that would work for all. Thus this task serves as a sample only.
How to use:
ArcMap: Edit Task
- Register the dll.
- Use the category manager to add the dll to the 'ESRI Edit Tasks" component category.
- Add some parcel data to ArcMap
- Start editing and select the SnakePIN task.
- Use the sketch tool to create a sketch over some parcels.
- In the PIN dialog, select the PIN field.
Enter a start PIN and an increment.
- "Include ends of sketch" will include the polys within the start and end points of the sketch. Check if necessary.
Edit Session, Polygon data with numeric field.
Minimum ArcGIS Version Required:
||The project file for the custom edit task.
||VB class file containing IEditTask implementation.
||UI and main code
||VB helper class for registry.
||VB helper module.
||The compiled project.
Editor, SpatialFilter, GeometryBag
IEditTask, IEditor, IEditSketch, ITopologicalOperator, IGeometryCollection, ISpatialFilter, IPointCollection, IPolyline